Bank of America, N.A. v. County of Los Angeles Tax Collector (In re Meruelo Maddux Properties, Inc.)
- Summarized by Jordan Wishnew , Shearman & Sterling LLP
- 11 years 3 months ago
- D.C. No. 2:10-cv-03536-SVW
- District Court's ruling is affirmed. County of Los Angeles did not improperly fail, and is not legally obligated, to accept a tax payment proffered by Bank of America at the bankruptcy court. Bank of America did not show that bankruptcy court is a duly authorized location to make such a payment and also failed to prove that counsel can accept such a payment.
- Procedural context:
- Appeal from District Court
- Bank of America representative sought to tender tax payment to counsel for the County of Los Angeles at a bankruptcy hearing, and the LA County counsel did not accept Bank of America's tender.
- Nelson, Gould and Ikuta
ABI Membership is required to access the full summary. Please Sign In using your ABI Member credentials. Not a Member yet? Join ABI now - it is absolutely worth it!