- Case Type:
- Case Status:
- 18-31145 Summary Calendar (5th Circuit, May 07,2019) Not Published
- Per Curiam-"In what should have been a simple and straightforward bankruptcy matter, the Appellant [debtor's law firm] misled and neglected the debtor for approximately two years. Considering the Appellant's many rule violations and the egregious way that it mishandled the debtor's case, the bankruptcy court's well reasoned memorandum opinion correctly disposed of this motion". Sanctions and "requirements" ordered by the bankruptcy court were upheld.
- Procedural context:
- Appeal from the Bankruptcy and District Courts for the Western District of Louisiana.
- The per curiam opinion is devoid of facts except to note that the Appellant's egregious conduct was amply demonstrated by the record. The United States Trustee apparently sought sanctions against the debtor's law firm as a result of this conduct.
- Smith, Weiner and Willett
2971 in the system
0 Being Processed