- Case Type:
- Case Status:
- 17-50217 (5th Circuit, Jan 10,2018) Not Published
- Lower Court's affirmed. Appellant is not entitled to attorneys' fees because it was not a "prevailing party" as required under the applicable documents.
- Procedural context:
- Appeal from the USDC for the Western District of Texas
- Appellant was a party to an agreement that provided for attorneys' fees to the prevailing party in the event legal proceeds were brought to enforce any financial obligation of a party to the agreement. The legal proceedings brought by Appellant did not qualify under the terms of the agreement.
- Higginbotham, Jones and Graves
ABI Consumer Bankruptcy Commission Provides Recommendations for Department of Education's Evaluation of Student Loans in Bankruptcy
2670 in the system
1 Being Processed